Holiday Gift Guide for your Favorite Foodies
Any other last minute holiday shoppers out there? I can't believe Hanukkah starts in 4 days and Christmas is just over two weeks out ... time to do some serious shopping! While I'm struggling with what to get some of my family members, I do have a pretty solid list of gift ideas for your favorite foodie or the hostess with the mostess - either because I use some of these things constantly, or because they're on my holiday wish-list! Hopefully this will help you find the perfect gift for the cooks, bakers, and entertainers in your life, or you can send it along to your family members who are still shopping for YOU (hint, hint, wink, wink!)!
My 10 Favorite Kitchen Essentials
1. Instant pot - I ordered an Instant Pot on Amazon Prime day almost a year ago and let it sit in my cabinet for way too long because I was intimidated by it. Once I finally put it to use, I was hooked! It's a pressure cooker, slow cooker, steamer, sauté-er, and a ton of other things all-in-one. If you're a hard-boiled egg fan, this would be worth the purchase just so you can enjoy the absolute perfect eggs every time with shells that peel right off! Also, you can't beat the juicy chicken & meat that just falls apart after cooking it in the instant pot. There's a million other things to make in this - just search it on Pinterest and you'll be trapped on there for hours... too many good things!
2. A great chef's knife. This is a must for anyone who loves to cook! Williams-Sonoma has an amazing selection. And also a good cutting board - I use an older version of this gripper one, which I love because it doesn't budge while you're chopping!
3. Blender - my Vitamix is by far the most frequently used appliance in my kitchen! Between my daily morning smoothies, homemade almond milk, and all of the romesco sauce I make, this thing gets put to good use! We received this model as an engagement gift 4 years ago and it's still as amazing as the first day we got it, but I can imagine the new ones are even better. Absolutely worth the mega splurge!
4. Spiralizer - because zoodles are always a great option!
5. Frother - if you watch my insta-stories, you've probably seen me making my morning matcha latte in this frother. You just add almond milk, 1 tsp of matcha, put the lid on and select "hot" ... it will start to spin, froth, and heat the perfect latte! It's also great for homemade hot chocolate and golden milk lattes! Tip: gift it with this matcha or this golden milk mix!
6. Spice Rack - a pretty spice rack is something I'd never splurge on for myself (I tend to buy one spice at a time as I need them at the grocery store), but it's one of my most favorite kitchen gifts I've ever received! This Dean & Deluca Spice Tube Rack is not only functional, but it also looks beautiful on my counter!
7. Stand Mixer - another splurge, but a definite essential for anyone who loves to bake!
8. Baking Set - I use this set of baking essentials over and over! Great quality and I love the gold color. Add some super adorable measuring spoons (like these or these!) and you're set!
9. A couple awesome pots & pans - when was the last time you upgraded your pots & pans? After about 15 years, my mom just got a new set of pans and she is so much more excited to cook with them now. Every cook just need a couple trusty ones and they'll make a huge difference! I use a combo of All-Clad stainless steel and non-stick.
10. Waffle Maker - Belgian waffles make every weekend better, but not all waffle makers are created equal! I am obsessed with this waffle maker. It's compact, stores easily in my cabinet, and makes the most perfect, thick waffles every time!
Other Must-Haves & Gift Ideas
1. Something homemade - there's something special about receiving a homemade gift because you know it was made with love. These DIY Infused Olive Oils are one of my favorite gifts to give to anyone who loves to cook (and they're so affordable!). Another sweet gift would be this homemade paleo granola packaged in a glass jar with a festive bow and a card.
2. Williams-Sonoma x What's Gaby Cooking Salsa & Guacamole Starter gift set - this set is a total must! The guacamole starter is probably my favorite and is constantly stocked in my pantry - just mix it with avocados and you've got the best guac ever. Every time I make it, the bowl is licked clean within minutes!
3. Thrive Market Membership - if you haven't heard of Thrive Market, it's basically a Whole Foods-meets-Costco online. It's all of your favorite healthy brands at a discounted price and they get delivered right to your front door. This is where I buy all of my favorite bars, healthy chips, crackers, & cookies, Primal Kitchen protein & collagen, Hu Kitchen & Eating Evolved chocolate (my fave!), Simple Mills baking mixes, almond flour, nuts, seeds, and even my natural cleaning supplies! You can use this link for a 30-day free trial plus 25% off of your first order, and it will also take you to a page of all of my favorite products if you need some inspiration. After your first month, it's $59.95 per year (but I saved $77 on my very first order alone, so it's well worth it!) and your membership also sponsors a membership for a low-income family. Can you tell I'm obsessed with this company?
4. Anthropologie everything - you definitely can't go wrong with anything from Anthropologie. The marbled monogram cheese board, rose gold kitchen tools, and tea for two set would be a great addition to my kitchen, just saying... Mom? Mitch? You guys reading this!? Heheee!
5. Sun Basket Meal Delivery - Sun Basket is an organic meal-delivery service that I've been using for the last couple of years. It makes it so easy to eat healthy dinners each week, since the box gets delivered right to your front door, and it takes all the thinking and planning out of dinnertime. You can choose between paleo, gluten-free, & vegetarian options each week, and everything is quick and easy to prepare. Believe me, I've tried just about every meal delivery service out there, and I needed something that would be done in 30 minutes or less... who's got the time to spend hours in the kitchen on a weekday!? Anyway, I can't recommend it enough! Use this link for $40 off your first order.
Whew, you made it! That's a wrap on my favorite kitchen essentials and holiday must-haves! Happy shopping and gift-giving this season, and more importantly, happy holidays to all of you wonderful people!
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
July 28th, 2016
Almond Milk Matcha Lattes
June 23, 2017
Almond Butter Cup Smoothie
Lindsay is a Holistic Nutritionist who lives for a great meal, a beautiful farmers market, daily matcha lattes, and homemade chocolate chip cookies. Weeknight Bite is Lindsay's happy place where her nutrition practice, simple recipes, and wellness tips come together to inspire you to live a healthy, balanced life.