Extra virgin olive oil
Fresh sprigs of rosemary and thyme
1. Thoroughly wash and dry your herbs.
2. Warm the rosemary with the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until
the olive oil is just starting to bubble but before it starts smoking.
3. Remove from heat and let it cool completely.
4. Repeat with the thyme.
5. Remove the herbs and pour the cooled olive oil into your glass bottles. To make them extra pretty,
add a few sprigs of the fresh herbs into the bottles as well.
6. Store infused oil in the refrigerator. Let it sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes prior to use.
Don't forget to make a little note on your gift tag with storage instructions. When refrigerated, the
infused oil will last about a month!
I went with thyme and rosemary because those are some of my favorite herbs and seemed really easy to work with, but there's tons of different options when it comes to infusing olive oil! Check this Epicurious article for more ideas and tips when using other herbs, spices, garlic, etc!
And get excited because I have a healthy hot chocolate recipe coming at ya next, just in time for Christmas & Hanukkah!