Sometimes when we go on vacation, we think of is as a time to indulge to the fullest. Sip on some pina coladas & margaritas by the pool, go out to dinner and eat decadent meals followed by dessert, slack off on the exercise . . . NOT a smart idea! Then we come home feeling bloated, yucky, and lazy! It makes it so hard to get back into a healthy routine. So in spirit of the first weekend of Coachella officially beginning tomorrow, I'm going to share with you some tips to stay healthy while on vacation . . .
1. Drink TONS of water! Especially when going somewhere hot, where you will be dehydrated. Try to drink your body weight in ounces of water. Add lemon juice to your water for an easy detox!
2. Keep easy and healthy snacks with you for when you get hungry.
3. Do something active each day. You're on vacation, so enjoy the outdoors! Go for a morning hike, run, or if you're stuck inside, then do yoga, jumping jacks, pushups & abs in your hotel room - You can workout anywhere!
4. No sugary drinks! Wouldn't you rather eat your calories in a healthy way then down a soda that has 40 grams of sugar and processed crap in it!?
5. Load up on veggies when you go out to meals - start with a packed salad, dressing on the side, or soup. Always ask how your dinner is prepared - is it grilled or is it sauteed in tons of butter and cream?
6. Choose your cocktails wisely - stay away from blended drinks and keep it simple. I usually go with wine or vodka with soda (or vodka & water!) and tons tons tons of lemons!
7. Relax, be happy, and enjoy! That is the BEST thing for your health :)
I'm suppppper excited for Coachella this weekend, and my roomies and I will be fully stocking our house with tons of healthy items. On our Costco list . . . Coconut water, steel cut oatmeal, eggs, turkey bacon, and Ezekiel bread for breakfast. Lara Bars, KIND bars, and trail mix to pack in the purse for when we don't want music festival food. Greek yogurt and cottage cheese to snack on before we head out for the day. AND happy to report we're bringing the Blendtec so we can whip up my favorite green smoothie to start of day right!
Wishing you all happy & healthy travels! :)
July 28th, 2016
June 23, 2017
Lindsay is a Holistic Nutritionist who lives for a great meal, a beautiful farmers market, daily matcha lattes, and homemade chocolate chip cookies. Weeknight Bite is Lindsay's happy place where her nutrition practice, simple recipes, and wellness tips come together to inspire you to live a healthy, balanced life.