Pregnancy #2 — My Top 10 Pregnancy Essentials
We're officially one week out from my due date with baby boy, so I figured it was time to share my top 10 pregnancy essentials from this time around. My two pregnancies were actually pretty similar — luckily I felt pretty good both pregnancies aside from the exhaustion that just comes with being pregnant, although it was on another level this time (especially first trimester) since I was chasing around a toddler every day. What was definitely different was being pregnant during non-Covid days with Noah vs. now with baby number two. Last time I actually made an effort to get dressed in real clothes because we were more social and had way more events and date nights, and this time, we spent a lot of time at home, so I pretty much just lived in loungewear and cozies. So you'll see that most of my essentials were really all about staying comfortable! Hopefully this list is helpful for all of you mamas-to-be who are lounging at home, too!
1. Beyond Yoga maternity yoga pants and tops — I lived in Beyond Yoga Maternity this pregnancy. I so wish I had known about it last time because it's the most comfortable, buttery, soft fabric that just stretches with you the entire pregnancy and is so so worth the splurge! I loved these Spacedye Love the Bump Midi Maternity Leggings (I wore a medium my whole pregnancy until the end) and paired them with the matching super thin soft long-sleeved Featherweight Count On Me Maternity Crew Pullover (also medium). Love a fun matching set! Their joggers are also heavenly!
2. Cute, cushy sneakers — these were my favorite sneakers throughout my pregnancy. They're so cushy and comfortable... they even took me through two full days at Disneyland! I love them so much, I got them in this second color.
3. Belly Oil -- of course you need a good belly oil for that growing bump! My friend gave me the Hatch Mama Belly Oil and I absolutely loved it. Not too thick and greasy but super soothing and moisturizing. I just saw that they make a mini version which would be even better because I barely made a dent in the large size!
4. LMNT Electrolytes -- staying hydrated and taking electrolytes is key, especially during pregnancy. I didn’t take these my last pregnancy, but took them every day this time around, and I swear it’s the reason I didn’t get the swollen cankles and feet this time! They’re salty at first, so start with half a packet in a large water bottle, then work your way up to a full packet a day. They’re also available on Thrive Market for a more discounted price (I order them through my monthly autoship on Thrive!)!
5. Prenatal Vitamins -- I’ve been using Perelel prenatal vitamins this pregnancy, which I really loved. What makes them different is they have specific packs for each trimester, and they even make a pre-conception pack and a Mom Support Pack for after baby arrives. It’s a subscription that factors in your due date so you get your 1st trimester, 2nd, and 3rd trimester packs exactly when you need them. A new prenatal I just tried recently is called Needed. They make prenatal capsules, but they also have the option of a prenatal multivitamin powder, which is great for mixing into smoothies, drinks, yogurt etc. I know so many women can’t tolerate taking pills while pregnant, especially in the beginning, so this is an amazing option! I started mixing it into my smoothies over the last week with their collagen powder and would definitely recommend it. (This isn’t sponsored whatsoever, but they did provide a 20% discount code for me to share, and all $ earned from this code goes towards women’s research. You can use code WEEKNIGHTBITE at checkout.)
6. Comfy Bras -- As soon as I got pregnant, I couldn’t stand wearing my underwire bras and needed something comfy and supportive ASAP! After buying way too many bras that I didn’t love, I found a couple favorites. This Chantelle Soft Stretch bra is almost like a sports bra but thinner and stretchier and perfect for t-shirts. It doesn’t have a lot of lift but it has pads for good shape and it couldn’t be comfier! This Cake Maternity Tutti Frutti Bra is also wireless, has a deep V, is super supportive, has a pretty lace detail so it doesn’t feel frumpy, and has clips to use as a nursing bra once baby arrives.
7. Non-Toxic Skincare -- one of the first things I changed when I got pregnant with Noah was my skincare routine. I switched everything to non-toxic products and I found so many great ones that I loved, that I never went back! I’ve been using Beautycounter’s Countertime Set which has been great for my dry skin and just got the Countertime Minis to pack in my hospital bag. Aside from those products, my daily go-to is also Saie Slip Tint – the perfect dewy tinted sunscreen for every day (I wear shade 3.5)!
8. Soft Pajamas -- my favorite pjs to wear while pregnant are also my go-to jammies for post baby… button-down long sleeved nighties. They’re super soft and comfortable and the buttons are obviously ideal for while you’re nursing. I alternate between this Eberjey Sleepshirt, this Nordstrom one, and this Target one. The other set I’ve lived in this pregnancy is this ThirdLove WonderRib sleep legging & tank (and you can use code LINDSAY20 for 20% off your first Third Love order!). It’s thin, ribbed, so soft, and tagless!
9. Spanx Faux Leather Maternity Leggings – for the times when I actually had to get “dressed” and look more put-together than my Beyond Yoga uniform, I wore these Spanx Faux Leather Maternity Leggings. They go super high above the bump, look really cute paired with a big chunky sweater and some booties, and make you feel like you’re kind of dressed up even though you’re still wearing stretchy leggings. Worth the investment! Especially if you find maternity jeans as uncomfortable as I did this time around!
10. Prenatal Chiropractor – ok I know this isn’t something I can link to, but it had to make my list of pregnancy essentials because it helped me so much! I didn’t see a chiropractor last pregnancy, but I had so much more back pain this pregnancy from carrying Noah around, and seeing a specialist was huge! The person I go to doesn’t do any cracking, just light touch adjustments and I instantly feel better when I leave my appointments. Highly recommend finding someone good in your area (and if you’re in San Diego, check out Dr. Jay Warren at CAP Wellness)!
Ok I think that about covers it! My top 10 things I couldn’t live without throughout pregnancy number two. And mamas-to-be, don’t miss my post all about what to pack in your hospital bag (coming soon!)!
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
July 28th, 2016
Almond Milk Matcha Lattes
June 23, 2017
Almond Butter Cup Smoothie
Lindsay is a Holistic Nutritionist who lives for a great meal, a beautiful farmers market, daily matcha lattes, and homemade chocolate chip cookies. Weeknight Bite is Lindsay's happy place where her nutrition practice, simple recipes, and wellness tips come together to inspire you to live a healthy, balanced life.