So I saw these mini banana pancake bites all over instagram and finally tried them, and I have to say, this viral recipe really lived up to the hype. They did not disappoint! They are super easy to make and seriously so delicious. They definitely take a little longer to make since there are so many slices (compared to normal-sized pancakes) but for sure worth the extra time. Definitely try them out… they’ll be a huge hit for the whole fam!
2 large bananas, sliced into 1/3 inch pieces
Pancake batter - use your favorite boxed mix or a homemade recipe. I used 1 cup Birch Benders paleo pancake mix + 3/4 cup water + a sprinkle of cinnamon + splash vanilla extract.
1-2 tbsp coconut oil, butter, or avocado oil
1. Slice bananas and prep your pancake mix.
2. Warm oil or butter on a skillet over medium heat.
3. Use a fork to dip each banana slice into the pancake batter, making sure to coat it evenly on both sides. Let the excess drip off and transfer over to the warmed skillet.
4. Cook until golden and flip to cook on the other side. Once golden on both sides, transfer to a plate.
5. Serve with any toppings, you desire! They are delicious with a drizzle of nut butter, berries, and/or maple syrup. Enjoy!
July 28th, 2016
June 23, 2017
Lindsay is a Holistic Nutritionist who lives for a great meal, a beautiful farmers market, daily matcha lattes, and homemade chocolate chip cookies. Weeknight Bite is Lindsay's happy place where her nutrition practice, simple recipes, and wellness tips come together to inspire you to live a healthy, balanced life.