Summer is officially here and so is my favorite produce season ever. The farmers markets have been bursting with juicy peaches, and I'm celebrating with the ultimate healthy and refreshing dessert - creamy coconut, vanilla bean, & peach popsicles. OMG. They're made with coconut milk, so they're totally dairy-free, and sweetened naturally with peaches and just a touch of honey or maple syrup.
This recipe was inspired by a super fun collaboration with a huge group of talented bloggers. We all got together and decided we'd share our favorite peach recipes on the same day. You can see all of the deliciousness on instagram under the hashtag #summerlovespeaches, and I'll also share a full list of all the bloggers who participated at the end of this post so you can check them out! Get ready to be inspired - you'll want to add fresh peaches to every meal of the day... they're too just too good to resist!
I'm so excited to share this recipe with you guys. The ingredients are super simple, healthy, and fresh, and the pops are really easy to make ... they just look impressive. Seriously, you just throw everything into the blender, pour it into the popsicle molds, and pop em in the freezer. The hardest part about this recipe is that you have to patiently wait for them to freeze!
Creamy Coconut Vanilla Bean Peach Popsicles
2 1/2 cups organic frozen peaches
1 (13.5 ounce) can full-fat coconut milk
1 tsp lemon juice
Pinch of salt
2 tbsp honey or maple syrup (or 5 drops organic liquid stevia*)
1 vanilla bean or 3 tsp vanilla extract
1 organic fresh peach, sliced thinly
Optional: 2 tbsp toasted shredded coconut
*For a sugar-free version that's still sweet, try using a couple drops of organic liquid stevia and sweeten to taste!
Yields 10 popsicles.
1. Add 2 cups of frozen peaches to a blender (reserving the other 1/2 cup for later) with the full can of coconut milk, lemon juice, and salt (and sweetener of choice). Blend until smooth.
2. Split the vanilla bean from top to bottom using a paring knife. Open up the vanilla bean and scrape out all of the little beans from the inside with your knife. (If you don't have a vanilla bean, vanilla extract will also work perfectly!)
3. Add the vanilla beans into the blender with the other 1/2 cup of frozen peaches. Pulse the blender a couple times to chop up the peaches but not completely blend them (this gives the popsicles some texture!)
4. To give your popsicles an extra pretty detail, slice your fresh peach super thinly and then place the slices on the sides of each popsicle mold.
5. Pour the coconut peach mixture from the blender into your popsicle molds. Give the molds a little tap tap on your countertop to get rid of any air bubbles.
5. Optional: Once you pour the peach mixture in, sprinkle 1 tsp of toasted shredded coconut on top of each mold (this will end up being the bottom of the popsicle).
6. Follow the instructions of your specific popsicle molds. For mine, I froze the molds for an hour before adding the lid and popsicle sticks in each one. A little tip: it helps to spray the lid with coconut oil so it's easier to remove when you're ready to eat them!
7. Freeze for at least 4-6 hours.
8. When you're ready to eat your popsicles, run the molds under warm water for a few seconds. Remove from the molds & enjoy!!
This is my absolute favorite summer treat and I cannot wait for you to try them!
And if you're ready to satisfy all of your peach cravings, check out these other bloggers who also participated in #summerlovespeaches:
July 28th, 2016
June 23, 2017
Lindsay is a Holistic Nutritionist who lives for a great meal, a beautiful farmers market, daily matcha lattes, and homemade chocolate chip cookies. Weeknight Bite is Lindsay's happy place where her nutrition practice, simple recipes, and wellness tips come together to inspire you to live a healthy, balanced life.