Ready for the dessert of the summer? 4-ingredient cherry NICE cream. No dairy, no added sugar, and no ice cream maker required. Easy, quick, healthy, and crazy delicious. What's better than that!?
So if you're new to the "nice cream" concept, it's basically just frozen bananas that have been blended or pulsed through a food processor until it turns into a frozen yogurt / ice cream-like consistency. It takes a couple minutes of blending, but you won't believe how creamy it gets. You could literally make it with just the one ingredient, but it really takes it up a notch when you just add a couple other things to it. Sometimes I keep it simple and just go with banana, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Delish! I have to say though, this combo with the cherries, coconut cream, and cacao nibs, is definitely my favorite!
3 cups frozen sliced bananas
1 cup frozen pitted cherries
1 can coconut cream*
1/4 cup cacao nibs (or chocolate chips)
*Refrigerate a can of full fat coconut milk overnight. The next day, the coconut cream will have separated from the water. Pour out the water (or save for smoothies) and use the remaining cream in this recipe.
1. Prepare a loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. Blend frozen bananas in a high powered blender or food processor. It will take a couple minutes of blending until you reach a creamy consistency.
3. Add frozen cherries and coconut cream and blend again.
4. Last, add the cacao nibs (or chocolate chips if you prefer) and do a quick blend or pulse (don't blend them completely - a little crunch adds some nice texture!)
5. Pour into the loaf pan and freeze for at least 3 hours.
6. Before serving, allow to thaw for about 10 minutes or so. Run an ice cream scoop under hot water and then scoop the nice cream. Enjoy!
I mean... on a hot summer day, is there anything better than this!? I don't think so! So excited for you to try it and report back how much you love it!
July 28th, 2016
June 23, 2017
Lindsay is a Holistic Nutritionist who lives for a great meal, a beautiful farmers market, daily matcha lattes, and homemade chocolate chip cookies. Weeknight Bite is Lindsay's happy place where her nutrition practice, simple recipes, and wellness tips come together to inspire you to live a healthy, balanced life.