4 ripe bananas, mashed
3 tbsp coconut oil
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or your fave type of milk)
1 cup + 2 tbsp almond meal
1/2 cup oat flour
3 tbsp coconut sugar (or any other sugar)
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
Yields 12 muffins (+8 mini muffins!) OR 1 loaf
Note: Feel free to use any type of flour you'd like instead of almond meal or oat flour. You can also substitute another sugar for coconut sugar. I used these ingredients that I had on hand and it turned out great!
1. Preheat oven to 350. Prepare muffin pan with either cooking spray or liners.
2. In a large bowl, combine all wet ingredients (banana, egg, coconut oil, honey, vanilla, and milk). Mix until well combined and creamy.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (almond meal, oat flour, rolled oats, baking powder
baking soda, salt, and cinnamon).
4. In batches, pour dry ingredients into wet and mix until evenly combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
5. Pour batter evenly into cupcake liners or greased muffin pan. This will make about 15 large muffins
or 12 muffins plus extra mini muffins - I always like to make minis too for a quick one-bite snack!
6. Bake for 35-45 minutes until golden or until a toothpick inserted into the center of muffins comes out clean.
7. Allow to cool before digging in.