But back to the grilled peaches - seriously, how pretty are these!? I love the idea of grilling fruits because it's a fun twist that is somewhat unexpected, and it adds a ton of flavor, dimension, and COLOR(!) to a dish.
3 sliced peaches (not overly ripe)
1 ball of burrata cheese
Fresh basil leaves
1 package of sliced prosciutto - cut in half lengthwise
Salt & pepper to taste
Optional: your favorite balsamic vinegar/glaze
Serving: About a dozen prosciutto wrapped peaches.
- Heat up your grill pan (hot enough for the peaches to sizzle when placed on the pan) and grill your sliced peaches for a minute or two on each side - until you see the nice grill marks.
- Let peaches cool for a couple minutes, then add a little burrata (about a half tbsp - you can eyeball it) to the center curve of the peach.
- Next add some basil on top of the burrata. I used about 1/3 of a leaf for each peach slice - it will depend on the size of the basil leaves but you really can't go wrong.
- Now take your prosciutto, sliced in half lengthwise so it's easier to wrap, and wrap it around your peach.
- Use a toothpick to secure the wrap, through the sides of the peach.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Optional: add a dot of your favorite balsamic vinegar/balsamic glaze right on top.
- Serve these apps on a pretty platter and impress your friends!
- EAT & ENJOY!