I started with the ingredients in the Cooking Light recipe, added avocado (duh!), and served it over a bed of baby kale. I changed up the preparation a bit and the whole process - from chopping to veggies to making the dressing to putting it together on the plate - took less than 10 minutes. TOTAL success. Get ready because this is about to be your go-to salad for the entire summer.
Adapted from Cooking Light's Crab, Corn, and Tomato Salad
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh (raw) white corn kernels
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced basil leaves (split in half)
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 avocado - cubed
Serves 4 (as an appetizer salad)
- Combine lemon zest and juice, and next 5 ingredients (through black pepper) in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Add remaining corn, half the basil, the red onion, tomatoes and crab. Toss gently to coat.
- Add cubed avocado and mix gently.
- Prepare plates with a bed of your favorite greens (I used baby kale).
- Scoop crab salad onto the greens. Garnish with the rest of the basil (as much or as little as you like).
- Add any extra salt and pepper as necessary.