When deciding what dessert to make for NYE, my first goal was to pick something delicious yet light and fresh, so that we're not starting 2017 with a sugar hangover. Second most important was making something easy and quick because no one wants to spend hours in the kitchen when there's people to see and celebrations to attend! Dark chocolate dipped apples and satsumas with a variety of healthy toppings fit the bill perfectly! (And you can't go wrong pairing those with my favorite Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies either!)
4 satsuma mandarins or clementines
2 granny smith apples
1 chocolate bar (I used 70% cacao dark chocolate)
1. Line a plate with parchment paper.
2. Peel and segment the satsumas and core and slice the apples.
3. Break chocolate bar into pieces and melt in a double boiler or in the microwave.
4. Dip one end of the fruit into the melted chocolate and place on the parchment paper.
5. Sprinkle your favorite toppings onto the chocolate, before it starts to dry.
6. Place in the refrigerator for about 10-15 minutes to harden.
7. Serve and enjoy!
Wishing you all a wonderful and happy new year! Cheers to 2017 being our healthiest, happiest year yet.