Lately, Mitch and I have been reading up on the Whole30 Program, which is all about eating lean meats, tons of fruits and veggies, healthy fats, limited carbs, and of course, no treats (sad face). Basically, eating unprocessed, clean foods for 30 days to re-boot your body, and eventually making it more of a lifestyle change once the month is over. While we haven't quite committed to starting the 30-day program, we've been trying to follow the philosophy a bit more in our daily lives and meal choices. The program is big on sweet potatoes, which I haven't made in a while, so I decided it was time for a (bun-less) burger night with a nice healthy side of sweet potato fries. Totally Whole30 approved!
3 small Garnet Sweet Potatoes (scrubbed & clean)
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Sprinkle of sea salt, pepper, and paprika to taste...
(probably 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, and 1/4 tsp paprika)
Plus: parchment paper
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Slice sweet potatoes into fries. (Try to keep the fries close to equal in shape and thickness)
3. Toss in a large bowl with olive oil and seasoning.
4. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread fries out in a single layer so they have
room to roast and get crispy.
5. Sprinkle once more with salt, pepper, and paprika.
6. Bake for 30 minutes (or until they've reached desired crispiness), flipping the fries after 15 minutes.
7. Serve right away - they are most delicious hot out of the oven!
Hope you enjoy this recipe and have a great, healthy week!