Drinking warm lemon water is one of the easiest (and cheapest) things you can do to up your nutrition game, and it's definitely one of my favorite ways to recover from a little bit over overindulging. I know, it probably seems like it's almost too simple to be true, but this little morning routine has a whole bunch of health benefits.
1. Lemon water stimulates the liver and helps the body detox and flush out toxins. Because of that, it's an easy way to say buh-bye to a little extra bloat.
2. It also provides antioxidants including vitamin C to boost immunity and fight oxidative stress.
3. Lemon water reduces skin inflammation for a fresh glow
4. It helps relieve indigestion
5. It can help boost metabolism.
Source: Dr. Axe
Cheers to that!
And a little tip! To protect your teeth enamel, use a straw when drinking lemon water, and then rise with regular water when you're finished!
July 28th, 2016
June 23, 2017
Lindsay is a Holistic Nutritionist who lives for a great meal, a beautiful farmers market, daily matcha lattes, and homemade chocolate chip cookies. Weeknight Bite is Lindsay's happy place where her nutrition practice, simple recipes, and wellness tips come together to inspire you to live a healthy, balanced life.