Skinny Chicken Parmesan
Skinny Chicken Parmesan
Who loves chicken parmesan? I DO, but what I don't love is when this Italian dish is coated in flour, breadcrumbs, and oil. So with a few simple adjustments, we can ALL eat chicken parmesan as much as we want! Yippee! All you'll need are a few simple ingredients, and paired with my Arugula Pesto Salad, you've got yourself quite a meal!
4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 cloves chopped garlic
1/2 Cup marinara sauce (I use Rao's)
1/2 lemon, zest and juice
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Fresh basil - for garnish
Freshly shaved parmesan cheese
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place chicken breasts in a dish and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil. Add lemon zest and juice from half a lemon, chopped garlic, and salt and pepper.
3. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a skillet over medium-heat. Add the chicken breasts to the skillet and pour any remaining lemon juice / garlic from the dish over the chicken.
4. Sear chicken breasts for about 4 minutes on each side. Then pour marinara sauce over chicken breasts and sprinkle freshly shaved parmesan cheese on top.
5. Place skillet directly in the oven to allow the chicken to finish cooking and the cheese to melt. Depending on the size of the chicken breasts, should be about 15 minutes. Make sure to check the middle of the chicken breasts and confirm they're fully cooked through.
6. Remove from oven with an oven mit and make sure to slip the oven mit on the handle of the skillet once it's out of the oven - can't tell you how many times I've accidentally grabbed it! Ouch!
7. Garnish with fresh basil and serve. Enjoy!
You know I LOVE your feedback, so fill me in and let me know how these kitchen creations go for you!
1/15/2013 02:10:47 am
This looks so good that the roomies & I might make this tomorrow!! Can't wait! Thanks Linds!
1/15/2013 02:51:24 am
I Love chicken parm! This looks so good Linds! Xx
1/15/2013 06:33:46 am
I am running to TJ's tonight to stock up on frozen herb cubes!!! The tips and tricks are great and everyone needs a tip from time to time :)
It's about time you got some of those mom! Looks soo good Linds!!!
1/15/2013 02:12:43 pm
3/13/2013 03:09:10 am
whats the temp. that the oven gets set to for the parm. melting?
4/8/2013 02:38:24 pm
350 degrees should be good! You just want to put it in the oven for a minute or two until the cheese is melted.
4/7/2013 11:33:27 pm
My boyfriend and I absolutely loved this recipe!! What temperature did you use for the oven?
4/8/2013 02:39:20 pm
350! :) So glad you liked the recipe!
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
July 28th, 2016
Almond Milk Matcha Lattes
June 23, 2017
Almond Butter Cup Smoothie
Lindsay is a Holistic Nutritionist who lives for a great meal, a beautiful farmers market, daily matcha lattes, and homemade chocolate chip cookies. Weeknight Bite is Lindsay's happy place where her nutrition practice, simple recipes, and wellness tips come together to inspire you to live a healthy, balanced life.