Pesto Shrimp Cauliflower-Rice Bowls
Get ready for a super easy and healthy weeknight dinner idea. After making cauliflower rice in my mini food processor several times (and creating a huge mess in my kitchen each time), I couldn't have been more excited to discover Organic Riced Cauliflower in the frozen section at Trader Joe's. Pre-riced organic cauliflower!? I mean, this is life changing. Or at least it changes the dinner game big time! Now with just a few other ingredients and about 10 minutes in the kitchen, we're ready to go with a healthy and satisfying dinner (and no giant messes to clean up)!
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 bag Trader Joe's Organic Riced Cauliflower (or chop 1 head of cauliflower
and pulse it through a food processor until it is a rice-like texture)
3 garlic cloves, chopped
3 Trader Joe's Frozen Basil Cubes
1/4 white onion - diced
1 zucchini - cut in quarters
2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
1 cup cherry tomatoes
1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined and tails removed
Squeeze of fresh lemon juice (1/2 of a lemon)
Salt and pepper to taste
Garnish with fresh basil and a lemon wedge
1. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large pot and add frozen basil cubes. Once melted, add garlic and saute for about a minute until fragrant.
2. Add diced onion and zucchini. Sauté for a couple minutes until zucchini softens.
3. Add frozen cauli rice (or fresh if you make it yourself). Season w/ salt and pepper. Mix well.
4. In a separate pan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil. Add shrimp and cook on each side until it turns pink.
5. Season shrimp with salt and pepper.
6. Add cannellini beans, pine nuts, and cherry tomatoes to the cauli-rice mixture.
7. Lastly, add shrimp. Mix well.
8. Squeeze the juice from 1/2 a lemon into the pot and season once more with salt and pepper.
9. Serve in bowls garnished with fresh basil and a lemon wedge.
*Note: last time I made this, I added a few spoonfuls of fresh pesto from the farmer's market and it really took it up a notch!
4/11/2016 08:04:52 pm
Can't wait to try this one!
4/14/2016 08:55:17 am
Thanks Kristen! Hope you love it too!! :)
8/21/2016 06:25:58 pm
This was so delish! Loved every bite. Perfect light summer meal! Thanks! xo
8/26/2016 11:02:35 am
YAY! So happy you loved it Lindsay! :)
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
July 28th, 2016
Almond Milk Matcha Lattes
June 23, 2017
Almond Butter Cup Smoothie
Lindsay is a Holistic Nutritionist who lives for a great meal, a beautiful farmers market, daily matcha lattes, and homemade chocolate chip cookies. Weeknight Bite is Lindsay's happy place where her nutrition practice, simple recipes, and wellness tips come together to inspire you to live a healthy, balanced life.