I'm always looking for a reason to use my favorite Yellow Curry Sauce from Trader Joe's, and sweet potato noodles seemed like the perfect excuse. I didn't quite know where to start, so I checked out the amazing Inspiralized blog for ideas, and of course I found exactly what I was looking for. Alli's Creamy Vegetable Thai Red Curry w/ Sweet Potato Noodles was the perfect inspiration. I spiralized my sweet potatoes, sauteed whatever veggies I had on hand (this is a great fridge-cleanout recipe!), added in some garbanzo beans and fresh cilantro, poured in the TJ's Yellow Curry and within a few minutes, dinner was ready! That's my kind of WeekNight Bite!
This recipe is not to be missed, and here is everything you'll need to create it for your dinner tonight:
2 medium sweet potatoes - spiralized into noodles (peel them, slice off the
ends, cut them in half, and run them through the spiralizer using the smallest blade)
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 cloves garlic - minced
1 tsp fresh ginger - minced
2 cups cauliflower florets
2 cups sugar snap peas
1 can garbanzo beans - rinsed and drained
3/4 cup Trader Joe's Yellow Curry Sauce
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat coconut oil in a large sauce pan until it is melted. Add garlic and ginger and saute for a few seconds.
- Add cauliflower and snap peas and cook until the cauliflower has started to soften.
- Add curry sauce and stir to coat veggies evenly.
- Add sweet potato noodles and garbanzo beans. Cook for about 10 minutes or until noodles are at
desired consistency. You may choose to add more curry sauce if it has started to absorb and
you like it a bit more saucy (I do!). Feel free to use any cury sauce you love - it doesn't have to be the TJ's one!
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once noodles are cooked, serve into bowls and garnish with fresh cilantro.
New recipe video coming your way next week - stay tuned, it's a good one! :)