The truth is, this vitamin-packed veggie can be so delicious, that there's absolutely no reason to eat only steamed vegetables that are so plain and texture-less! I've been picking up a head of cauliflower each week during my grocery runs, and for less than 2 bucks, you get enough cauliflower to feed 4 people, and you can really go crazy with it and flavor it any way you like! My favorite way is roasted until it's crispy with whole cloves of garlic, sea salt, and pepper (thanks mom for the garlic cloves idea!). It's amazing!
1 head cauliflower
extra virgin olive oil
5 (or more!) whole garlic cloves
salt and cracked pepper
VERY simple steps for a delish side dish:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut up a head of cauliflower so that the
florets are the size of the ones in the pictures & peel
your garlic cloves.
- Distribute cauliflower and whole garlic cloves
across a baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil and toss cauliflower and garlic around
so that it is all even coated.
-Roast in oven for about 30 minutes or until crispy.
-Turn on the broiler for 1-2 minutes for some
- Remove from oven, add salt and pepper, and serve!