Modified from Giada's Mint Pesto
1 ½ packed cups (about 1 large bunch) fresh mint leaves
1 packed cup raw spinach
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1 garlic clove
Juice from 1/2 a lemon
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (start with a small amount, then add
more to get to desired consistency)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients except olive oil in a food processor. Then slowly add the olive oil and continue blending until pesto has reached desired, smooth consistency. Add salt & pepper as needed.
Get creative and use your favorite veggies! This is what I did:
1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
1 cup spinach
1 can of cannellini beans
12 jumbo shrimp
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on the stove. Add cherry tomatoes and saute until slightly softened.
- Add shrimp, cannellini beans, and spinach. Continue to saute until shrimp is cooked through and pink (about 6 minutes but will vary depending on size of shrimp.)
- Add pesto into the pan and mix to coat all veggies and shrimp evenly.
- Serve on it's own or over pasta, quinoa, or rice.
- Garnish with freshly shaved parmesan cheese and mint leaves.