Asparagus is one of my favorite veggies - it's delicious and easy to make, and it also has a ton of health benefits. Asparagus is loaded with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties to help protect the body against oxidative stress. It's also a great source of vitamins and minerals including Vitamin K, C, A, and folate. I have to say my favorite health benefits are that this veggie nourishes the digestive system and also acts as a natural diuretic, meaning it helps remove excess salt and fluid from the body . . . AKA buh-bye bloat! Anytime I'm feeling a little bloated or if I have a special event or vacation coming up, I make sure to double up on asparagus (and drink plenty of fluids)!
4 cups of arugula
1 bunch of asparagus
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 radishes, thinly sliced (I love easter egg or watermelon radishes!)
3 Persian cucumbers, sliced
1/4 cup microgreens (I used micro broccoli sprouts)
1 avocado, sliced
2 tbsp pistacios
2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
2 tbsp mint, chopped
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tbsp shallot, minced
1 tsp dijon mustard
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Trim or snap off the bottom part of the asparagus, and then chop into bite-sized pieces.
2. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and then add chopped asparagus, salt & pepper.
Sauté until asparagus becomes a vibrant green and is slightly tender yet
crisp (no soggy asparagus!), about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
Another option would be to grill the asparagus!
3. In a large salad bowl, mix together arugula, sliced radishes, and cucumber.
4. Toss in the dressing.
5. Add avocado, pistacios, pumpkin seeds, and asparagus. Top with microgreens & chopped mint.
6. Season to taste with salt & pepper.