4 sole fillets (about 6 oz each)
1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 cups cherry tomatoes (I used red and yellow) - halved
1 zucchini - thinly sliced and cut in half
1 clove garlic - chopped
2 tbsp freshly shaved parmesan
2 Dorot frozen basil cubes (or 1 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh basil)
Fresh thyme sprigs (at least 8)
Salt and pepper
+ 4 sheets of parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 375.
- First, cut 4 pieces sheets of parchment paper, about 12x14". Set aside.
- Season sole with salt and pepper on both sides of the fillets.
- Saute´ cherry tomatoes, chopped garlic, and zucchini on the stove with about 1/2 tbsp olive oil and basil cubes until it is almost completely cooked through.
- Divide zucchini / cherry mixture among 4 parchment sheets, arranging in the middle of the parchment paper. Sprinkle freshly shaved parmesan on top.
- Place sole on top of zucchini and tomatoes. Top with a few fresh sprigs of thyme.
- Now it's time to seal up the sole en papillote. Fold up the long sides of the parchment paper towards each other and fold/crimp down to seal those edges of the paper. Then take the short sides and fold it underneath the fish to seal the packet. Carefully transfer the packets onto a baking sheet and place in the oven.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes. Sole is very thin and cooks quickly!
- Carefully open packets (steam will escape) and serve one to each of your lucky dinner guests!