My friend Abby (also seen here and here) from SAYiWON'T FiT taught me about the magic that happens when you blend (and blend and blend) frozen bananas. It turns into frozen yogurt/ice cream consistency! We added cacao nibs, which are high in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and fiber, and also added almond butter, and dates - and these 4 ingredients are all that
it takes to make this delicious fro-yo!
Of course, with frozen yogurt, ya gotta have some toppings! Am I right or am I right!? Cookie dough has always been my favorite, so we gave my dainty food processor another workout and whipped up our healthy, clean version of cookie dough. This is officially my new favorite treat!
Serves 2 - 3.
2 frozen bananas (slice them first, then freeze them)
1 tbsp natural almond butter
1 pitted date
1-2 tbsp cacao nibs
- Place your frozen bananas in your food processor, and pulse through until the banana is roughly chopped.
- Add almond butter and date and blend again.
- Now add cacao nibs and blend again.
- Keep blending... And then blend some more. Eventually, the magic will happen and it will turn into frozen yogurt/ice cream!
- You can eat it right when it's done, or put in in the freezer for later!
7 pitted dates
2 tbsp natural almond butter
2 tbsp shredded coconut (optional)
2 tbsp cacao nibs
2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup raw steel-cut oats
(This will make more than 2-3 servings, so just keep some in your
freezer to snack on later!)
- Run dates and almond butter through food processor.
- Add coconut and cacao nibs and blend again.
- Add almond milk and pulse together.
- Last, to get the right "cookie dough" consistency, add steel-cut oats a little at a time. Once it sticks together and is easy to form into little balls, that's when you know you've added enough oats.
- Form cookie dough bites and place in freezer to firm up a bit.
- Serve over your frozen yogurt (or eat alone as a little treat)!
Happy Banana Lover's Day! Enjoy!