So maybe you've tried packing your salad for work, and when it's lunchtime, your stuck with a soggy salad, or maybe you realize you forgot salad dressing at home, and now you have to use someone else's ranch dressing in the fridge. Ugh. Let me set you up for salad success with the perfect way to bring your salad to work - salad-in-a-jar. You can actually make a few mason jar salads on a Sunday, seal 'em up, and your salad will stay fresh for a few days. That makes your mornings super easy, as you can just grab your salad-in-a-jar while you're racing out the door and you're all set for lunch.
1. Start with a clean mason jar. I use a quart-sized jar.
2. Pour in your favorite salad dressing (about 1-2 tbsp depending on the size of the salad you're making).
3. Add chopped crunchy veggies. Think: bell peppers, cucumbers, carrots, jicama, cabbage.
4. Now add beans & grains. My faves: garbanzo beans & quinoa.
5. Add your protein: chicken, turkey, hard-boiled eggs, etc.
6. Next up - layer your softer veggies or fruits: tomatoes, pomegranate seeds, berries, apples, etc.
7. Throw in 1-2 tbsp nuts or seeds: chopped almonds, pecans, walnuts, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc.
8. Last, load up your greens on top!
9. Seal with the lid, and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
10. Ready to eat? Do your best Taylor Swift and shake it . . . off . . . I mean . . . up! Then pour your perfectly
mixed salad onto a plate and top with fresh avocado, as desired.
Try it out and let me know how you like it! More healthy office tips coming at ya soon!