- Soo . . . I think there's a big football game this weekend right? I have to confess, I'm not one to sit down and watch a whole football game, but I'm 100% in for the Super Bowl snacks and halftime show! If you're wondering what to make for your Super Bowl party, I have the perfect recipe for you today. I just whipped this up for my friend Stephanie's birthday on Monday, and it was super quick, healthy, and stress free. The last thing you want to make when you're hosting a party is something time consuming and complicated. All you have to do here is mix a bunch of healthy and delicious ingredients together, pop it in the oven, garnish, and serve! I promise it will be a huge hit. This recipe makes a big batch and I hardly had ANY leftovers after Monday's festivities!
Lightly adapted from Damn Delicious
2 cups quinoa
1 1/2 cups enchilada sauce (canned or homemade)
1 cup frozen corn (I like the frozen roasted corn from Trader Joe's)
1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
2 chicken breasts - cooked & shredded
Salt & pepper to taste
1 cup shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
1 avocado - diced
1. Cook quinoa according to package instructions. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Transfer quinoa to a large bowl (or right into your oven-safe pot/casserole dish) and mix together with
corn, black beans, cilantro (reserving about 2 tbsp for garnish), cumin, chili powder, shredded chicken, salt,
pepper, and enchilada sauce. Stir in 1/2 cup of cheese.
3. Once mixture is evenly combined, add the remaining 1/2 cup cheese on top.
4. Place into oven and bake until cheese is melted, about 15-20 minutes.
5. Garnish with remaining cilantro and avocado and serve!
Enjoy and happy Super Bowl!