2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
5 celery ribs, roughly chopped (I prefer bigger pieces)
1 cup baby carrots (or 3 large carrots, chopped)
3 garlic cloves, chopped
2 bay leaves
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked then shredded
4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 cup cooked quinoa
1/4 cup chopped parsley, plus some for garnish
1/2 tbsp dill
1 squeeze of lemon juice
Salt & pepper to taste (be generous with the salt!)
1. Start with the chicken - if you want to save time, you can pick up a rotisserie chicken and shred it into
bite-sized pieces. I just boiled water (added some salt) and let the chicken cook in the boiling water for
12ish minutes, then shredded it with two forks.
2. While the chicken is cooking, place a large pot over moderate heat and add olive oil. Add the onion, celery,
carrots, and garlic and sauté until fragant - about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add chicken broth and bay leaves and bring to a boil.
4. Add shredded chicken and cooked quinoa. Stir well. Reduce to moderate heat.
5. Stir in parsley and dill, and remove bay leaves. Season again with salt & pepper to taste.
6. Serve with an extra garnish of chopped parsley.
Enjoy and stay healthy this holiday season!!