Anywho, let me talk about my cookies now. These chocolate chip pumpkin cookies are delicious enough to be eaten on their own, but obviously everything is better when sandwiching ice cream. They're chewy, sweet, pumpkiny, and pretty guilt-free. Top em with sea salt flakes and you've totally nailed that salty-sweet combo that is always mouth-watering and oh-so addicting. Enough talk . . . you ready for these? Make your own and make me proud!
1 cup of whole wheat flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup SugarLeaf
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup pure pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1/3 cup chocolate chips
Sprinkle of sea salt flakes
Halo Top Ice Cream (Vanilla Bean) - 1 small scoop per sandwich
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare greased cookie sheet.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients: whole wheat flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, & pumpkin pie spice.
- In a separate bowl, combine SugarLeaf with room-temperature butter. Add coconut oil, egg, pumpkin, and vanilla extract, and mix together until evenly combined.
- Slowly add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop cookie dough by large, rounded tablespoons onto greased baking sheet. Flatten slightly with a fork. Add a sprinkle of sea salt flakes on each cookie.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350° or until slightly golden around the edges.
- Allow cookies to cool. Then add a small scoop of Halo Top Vanilla Bean on the flat side of one cookie, and sandwich together with another cookie. Voila!
Have a sweeeeet week!