4 ripe bananas, mashed
4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
3/4 cup coconut sugar
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (or Almond Butter)
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
4 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup + 1 tbsp semi sweet or dark chocolate chips
Yields one perfect loaf of banana bread.
- Grease a 9” x 5” loaf pan and preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large mixer, combine bananas, coconut oil, and coconut sugar. Mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Add salt, peanut butter, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon to the mixer. Mix well.
- Add vanilla extract and eggs. Mix well to combine.
- Add coconut flour and 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Mix well one more time.
- Using a rubber spatula, wipe down the sides of the bowl and make sure all ingredients are well mixed.
- Pour batter into a prepared loaf pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle the remaining 1 tbsp of chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out slightly moist.
- Let cool for 1/2 hour (if you can resist it!) and then slice, and enjoy!