3 cups blanced, finely ground almond flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt, plus some flakey sea salt for sprinkling on top
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ cup melted coconut oil
½ cup honey
2 organic, cage free eggs, beaten
2 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1 cup dark chocolate chips
Optional: one cup halved walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease an 8x8 pan and place parchment paper on the bottom so it’s easy to remove the blondies once baked.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk dry ingredients together including the almond flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk together the melted coconut, honey, eggs, and vanilla. Fold wet ingredients into dry. Then fold in coconut, chocolate chunks, and nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and sprinkle the top with sea salt flakes. It should look like this . . .
- Bake until golden, about 20-25 minutes. If you like them more undercooked like I do, remove the blondies from the oven when you can insert a toothpick and it comes out just slightly wet, not completely dry.
- Once completely cooled, cover with saran wrap and refrigerate for 1-3 hours. Take out cold blondies and now it will be much easier to cut into perfect squares.
- You can store the blondies frozen in an airtight Tupperware or ziplock for easy portion-control treats later in the week! They will last 2 months frozen.
Big thank you to Sweet Loren’s, who never fails to come up with super healthy, creative and unbelievably delicious recipes!
Have a sweet week!