You will love these Mini Egg Muffins . . . I made mine with whatever I had left in my fridge - turkey bacon, tomatoes, spinach, fresh dill, and then topped them with some avocado. You can add anything you want in here . . . mushrooms, kale, bell peppers, onions, etc. Anything you like in your omelettes will be perfect in these little muffins. Make them on a Sunday night and then microwave a few as you're off to work throughout the week. Super convenient and yummy. They're like cute little bite-size frittatas and they were a huge hit with my fiance! Definitely a weekday morning staple for us now. Here's what you need to make them:
1 tbsp water
2 pieces of turkey bacon - chopped
1 cup spinach - chopped
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes - chopped
1 tbsp fresh dill - minced
Salt & pepper to taste
Add any veggies that you like!
Serving: 18 mini muffins.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Butter or spray a mini muffin tin very well.
- Whisk eggs (with water/milk for extra fluffiness) in a bowl.
- Add all the ingredients your heart desires. Mix together with the eggs.
- Carefully pour into mini muffin tins. Use a spoon to scoop up any ingredients that sank to the bottom of the bowl and add it into the individual muffin tins.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Optional: Spread some avocado on top!