1. Pizza Stone
2. Pizza Peel
3. Premade Pizza Dough - if you're feeling ambitious, you can make it yourself, but to save time, I like to buy the premade dough from Trader Joe's or Whole Foods!
4. Lots of delicious toppings - let's start with the basics: marinara sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese, basil, and fresh Parmesan. Then get creative - prosciutto, mushrooms, truffle oil, arugula, burrata... the possibilities are endless!
5. Just as important: Good wine, music, and your Valentine / GALentines!
1. Take your pizza dough out of the fridge for 30 minutes before you try to roll it out. It's much easier to get that round pizza shape once the dough has come to room temperature. You can use a rolling pin or just stretch it out with your hands.
2. Cornmeal is VERY important! Sprinkle your pizza peel with cornmeal before you put the dough on it and start your assembling. This makes it easier to slide it onto the pizza stone. Also sprinkle corn meal on the pizza stone before you start cooking so that it's easier to take the pizza off once it's ready.
3. Brush your crust with olive oil before cooking.
MAKING YOUR PIZZA ON THE GRILL (avoid a smoky kitchen!)
- Place the pizza stone on the grill when it is turned off. Close the hood, turn the burners on high, and preheat the stone.
- Once grill has reached around 500 degrees, turn the burners that are directly under the pizza stone to low. Otherwise you will burn the bottom of your pizza.
- Now it's time to shimmy your assembled pizza off the peel and onto the stone. Be confident and quick! :) And don't forget cornmeal! Once it's successfully on the stone, close the hood, and cook your pizza for about 10 minutes.
- When pizza is cooked to your liking (bubbly cheese and golden crust), remove it with your pizza peel, slice it up, and enjoy!
- Once you're finished making all the pizzas, turn off the grill and allow to cool completely before you remove your pizza stone.
Hope you have a delicious and lovely week celebrating National Pizza Day and Valentines Day!