1 medium Spaghetti Squash
2 tbsp butter
3 cloves of garlic (or 3 frozen Dorot garlic cubes)
3 frozen basil cubes
2 tbsp chopped italian flat-leaf parsley
2 tbsp basil (chopped/chiffonade)
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
2 tbsp freshly shaved Parmesan cheese
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375. Pierce spaghetti squash a few times with a paring knife or a fork. Bake squash
on a baking sheet for 40-50 minutes or until a sharp knife pierces easily through the skin. (You don't
want to over cook it as the squash will get mushy).
2. In the meantime, chop the fresh basil and parsley, and toast pine nuts on the stove until golden.
When the squash is ready, carefully remove it from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
3. Cut squash in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop out all the seeds.
to a separate bowl. (If the squash is too hard to scrape, you may return it back to the oven
for another 5-10 minutes.)
Once combined, add spaghetti squash strands. Season with salt and pepper, add Parmesan
as desired and toss well. At the very end, add basil and parsley (leaving a bit for garnish) and
give it one more toss.
6. Garnish with remaining basil and parsley, parmesan cheese, and pine nuts.
7. Serve & guiltlessly indulge!!
You may have noticed in the end of the video, I'm having an identity crisis and can't say my new name without laughing. Practice makes perfect, right?!
Have a great week!