6 chicken breasts (boneless & skinless) - pound if necessary to make thickness even throughout chicken breast
6 frozen garlic cubes (or 6 cloves finely minced garlic)
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 tbsp dijon mustard (I like the one with the whole seeds)
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
Salt & pepper
Drizzle of your favorite balsamic vinegar
- Take garlic cubes out of the freezer for a few minutes so they start to soften, then add them into a dish with olive oil, dijon mustard, red pepper flakes, and cayenne pepper. Mash and mix together until smooth.
- Add chicken breasts and coat both sides in the marinade. Season with salt and pepper.
- Marinate chicken for at least an hour.
- Heat grill and spray it well.
- Grill chicken on both sides until cooked thoroughly. Ours took about 7 minutes per side, but it will depend on the thickness of your chicken.
- Serve with a drizzle of your favorite balsamic vinegar over the top. I love the Farmer's Market balsamic that is slightly thick and sweeter, but any variation would be delicious on your dijon chicken!