Have you ever bought Coconut Date Rolls before? I've been known to cave at Whole Foods and buy a $12 package of them. Every time I do, I tell myself that next time I'm making them at home! So glad I finally did because I like these even better! They're super cute, only 4 ingredients, and only take about 5 minutes to make. These little balls are packed with fiber, protein, and healthy fats and each one is just about 100 calories (less if you make them smaller!). The best bonus is they taste like cookie dough -I'm serious! I will be making a batch of these at least once a week and you should too.
12 pitted dates
1/2 cup slivered toasted almonds
3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
12 dark chocolate chips
Optional: 2 tbsp water, if necessary
Yields 12-14 balls (depending on how big or small you roll them)
1. Blend the dates, almonds, and 1/2 cup of the shredded coconut in a food processor until a smooth
paste forms. This may take some time and may require you to turn off the food processor, push the paste down
towards the blades, and keep blending. Be patient, it will come together eventually!
Note: if your dates are more dry and the paste isn't quite coming together, add up to 2 tbsp water.
2. Scoop out a spoonful of the paste and (using damp hands) roll it into a ball.
3. Now roll the balls in the remaining shredded coconut to coat the outside.
4. Top each ball with one chocolate chip. Press it in to make sure it will stay.
5. I like them best straight out of the fridge but you can try them right away if you want and they'll still be delish!