Here we go . . . Banana Bread with Chocolate Glaze - adapted from this CL recipe.
1/3 cup Stevia SugarLeaf
1/4 cup butter, softened
3 mashed ripe bananas (1 2/3 cups)
1/4 cup almond milk
1/4 cup (vanilla) Greek yogurt
2 egg whites
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
optional: 1/3 cup chocolate chips
2 1/2 tbsp half-and-half
2 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
Serving: 1 large loaf.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine SugarLeaf and softened butter in a bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add banana, almond milk, vanilla extract, Greek yogurt, and egg whites.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt, stirring with a whisk.
- Add flour mixture to banana mixture; beat just until blended (do not overbeat).
- Optional: Mix in 1/3 cup chocolate chips, if you want! I always like that option :)
- Spoon batter into a 9 x 5-inch metal loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes - 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Place half-and-half and chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH for 1 minute or until chocolate melts, stirring every 20 seconds. Mixture should be nice and smooth. Cool slightly, then drizzle over bread.