2 cups organic strawberries, halved + 3 extra strawbs
1 (13.5 oz) can coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tbsp 100% maple syrup
Pinch of sea salt
1. Remove coconut milk from fridge. Flip the can over, open the can, and pour out the liquid.
Scoop solid coconut cream into a blender.
2. Add 2 cups strawberries to blender.
3. Add vanilla, maple syrup, and salt, and blend until smooth. I used the "ice cream" setting on my
Vitamix - use that if you have it, if not, just blend regularly until very smooth and creamy.
4. Pour strawberry mixture into a loaf pan or freezer-safe container.
5. Now add those extra few strawberries to your blender and do a quick pulse so the strawberries
are chopped in pieces, but not totally blended. Swirl those strawberry pieces into the
container with the strawberry / coconut cream mixture.
6. Cover with plastic wrap, foil, or a lid and freeze for at least 5 hours or overnight.
7. Before serving, allow to thaw for at least 20 minutes before attempting to scoop.
8. Serve as is, or with your favorite healthy toppings. Enjoy!
So I realized that my "desserts" section of the recipe box is by far the longest list of recipes, not a huge surprise given my sweet tooth! So I would love to hear what other types of recipes you guys would like to see . . . more salads, quick dinner ideas, on-the-go breakfast . . . let me know!
Wishing you all a wonderful Labor Day weekend!